Sabai Soaps review
A few weeks ago, I was introduced to Sabai Soaps. An ethical and family run soap business based in the UK. Their aim is to present the beautiful beauty products of Asia to the European market.
All Sabai Soaps products are organic, natural and vegan-friendly, handmade in Thailand from exquisite natural ingredients before being lovingly packed back to the UK to be sent out to their new owners across the world.
I was very lucky indeed to be gifted the Green Seaweed Soap*, this lavish soap arrived beautifully packaged in printed Thai paper and emitted the most wonderfully subtle peppermint scent – and this was before I had even opened it!
So, what did I think of the Green seaweed soap?
This refreshing soap bar is rich in essential vitamins and oils, and left my skin feeling clean and soft with its fabulous combination of ingredients – who doesn’t adore smelling fresh and having really soft hands and skin?
It contains a wonderful array of 100 per cent natural and cruelty-free ingredients, including coconut oil to soften and treat the skin, peppermint oil to leave it glowing, and the addition of seaweed to exfoliate, dragging out excess oil in order to leave the skin feeling revitalised.
If that isn’t fabulous enough, 20 per cent of all Sabai Soaps company profits are donated to local charities within the communities in which they work with to produce these beautiful soaps.
Having used the Green Seaweed Soap for over a week now, I am utterly delighted with the results, it has worked wonders on my dry skin and has proved to be lasting too! You can shop the rest of Sabai Soaps natural soap collection here.
What do you think of Sabai Soaps? Which handmade soap is your favourite?
Please follow me on Twitter | Instagram | Facebook for more updates from The LDN Gal
Autumn Leaf Bath Bomb by LUSH review
Oh, Autumn, you are well and truly making your appearance. Days are shorter, far colder and my oversize jumper collection is singing in joy. What better way to spend a cold October evening than pampering yourself in the tub?
Lush has brought us another seasonal delight with the Autumn Leaf Bath Bomb, emitting pleasant earthy scents of sandalwood oil and Japanse maple sap, reawakening childhood memories of kicking about vibrant Autumn leaves.
Joyful memories aside, the inclusion of neroli oil uplifts the spirits while bergamot oil cleanses away the work of the day with its citric properties.
So, how do I feel about the Autumn Leaf Bath Bomb by LUSH
In addition to the combination of wonderful oils, what I adored most about this bath bomb was the red, green and yellow carousel of colour. Which erupted and twirled in a torrent of bubbles when I placed the bath bomb into the water.
Fairground colours aside, once the bath bomb had continued to fizz for some time, it left behind it some rather murky orange hues in the water. Apt for Autumn, to be fair.
The Autumn Leaf Bath Bomb is part of the 2016 Halloween range, which also features gruesome favourites such as cutesy bath melt Boo and oozing bath bomb, Lord of Misrule.
Lush was correct with the Autumn Leaf Bath Bomb, I did indeed “fall for it”.
Have you tried the Autumn Leaf Bath Bomb? Which is your favourite from the Halloween collection?
After being gifted this Barry M nail varnish by my beautiful friend Paulina I have been wearing it solidly each day for two weeks. I am not even kidding, I have truly fallen in love.
This nail varnish is Arabian, a duo-chrome colour of gold and green. It is so vivid and striking and honestly reminds me of mermaids (particularly Disney’s Ariel who would totally rock this colour if animation sprung to life).
The varnish is part of Barry M’s Aquarium collection which hosts four other duo-chrome varnishes and two glitter top coats.
The duo-chromes are all named after seas, the pink/gold is Mediterranean, the peach/gold is Caspian and blue/gold is Pacific.
Arabian goes on very well and you may even get away with the one coat if you are careful and dainty (unfortunately I am not). I always finish with a top coat and pray for a miracle that I will not chip my nails. You could always opt for the Aquarium glitter top coats (Mermaid and Treasure Chest) if you want a bit more sparkle.
I am now a serious fan of duo-chromes and hope to adopt the other three Aquarium varnishes. In respect of their name they are beautifully aquatic and I can never resist a vivid green manicure (perhaps I am odd).
What do you think of Arabian? What is your favourite colour nail varnish?
With many of us entering adulthood, the days of childhood chocolate calenders are well and truly behind us. However, with the festive season bringing out the child at heart, how can we possibly resist an advent calendar? Especially the above, which are packed to the brim with beauty and lifestyle accessories! You will certainly find it hard to pick from the following…
The Body Shop Beauty Advent Calender – The Body Shop calender features a wonderful festive themed selection of skincare, body care, make up and fragrance products to satisfy you all year round including:
- Skin and body care – Frosted Cranberry Shimmer Lotion (60ml), Glazed Apple Body Lotion (60ml), Vitamin E Moisture Cream (15ml), Vitamin E Moisture Mask (6ml), Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream (15ml), Moringa Body Milk (60ml), Wild Argan Oil Body Lotion (60ml), Shea Body Butter (50ml).
- Bath – Frosted Cranberry Heart Soap (25g), Frosted Cranberry Shower Gel (60ml), Strawberry Heart Soap (25g), Glazed Apple Heart Soap (25g), Moringa Shower Gel (60ml), Shea Shower Cream (60ml) and Mini Crinkle Lily.
- Make Up and accessories – Eye Definer Black (1g), Strawberry Lip Butter (10ml), Honeymania™ Lip Balm (10ml) and Eyeshadow Brush.
- Nail and hand care – Almond Hand and Nail Cream (30ml), Almond Nail File, Strawberry Hand Cream (30ml), Colour Crush™ Nail Colour (6.8ml) (Relish the Moment)
- Fragrance – White Musk® Eau de Toilette (10ml).
Benefit – The Benefit advent calender is filled with 24 mini beauty products, accessories and stationary gifts. The calender hosts numerous bestselling products from the renowned beauty brand and will satisfy the most beauty obsessed girl. Namely me, who has been chronically trying to persuade my mother to get me my own for the festive countdown. It includes the following:
- Primer – the POREfessional (7.5ml), “that gal” (7.5ml), mini stay flawless and mini stay don’t stray in light/medium (doubles as a concealer).
- Concealer – mini fakeup in 02 medium.
- Tints, highlighters and brighteners – high beam (2.5ml), chachatint (2.5ml), mini watt’s up and mini ooh la lift.
- Mascaras – mini they’re real! and mini BADgal lash.
- Blusher – mini ultra plush in dandelion.
- Lip glosses – mini ultra plush lip gloss in A-lister and mini ultra plush lip in fauxmance.
- Lip and cheek stains – benetint (2.5ml) and posietint (2.5ml).
- Skin care – mini it’s potent! eye cream and mini total moisture facial cream.
- Stationary – Beauty sticky notes, doodle pad, heart-shaped paperclips,
- Accessories – Pinky, polka-dot hair tie, elastic hair band with bow charm and metallic silvery hair tie.
Ciate Mini Mani Manor – The Ciate nail varnish advent calender features 24 mini, one full sized varnish pot and nail art sprinkles to satisfy the most avid nail varnish fanatic, it is also perfect for people hoping to begin a collection! The impressive festive themed set includes:
- 15 Mini Paint Pots: Headliner, Sharp Tailoring, Members Only, Sloaney, Sweetie, Velvet Tuxedo, Big Yellow Taxi, Mineral Clarity, Strawberry Milkshake, Silhouette, Unrestricted Glam, Cupcake Queen, Amazing Gracie, Candy Cane, Sand Dune, Sherbet Fizz.
- 1 Full Size Paint Pot: Celestial
- 8 effects: Girl With A Pearl, Runway Ribbon, Prima Ballerina, Let It Snow, Slumber Party, Tinsel Trail, Frozen Daydream, Fairisle Style
Yankee Advent Calender – The Yankee advent calender is adorable and filled with 24 delicious scented tealight candles with many from their beloved Christmas range including Icicles, Angel’s Wings, Snowflake Cookie, Cranberry Ice, Christmas Cookie and Christmas Garland. Each day will ensure your home smells wonderfully festive as you count down the days till Christmas!
YOU Beauty Advent Calendar – The You beauty advent calendar is packed to the brim with beauty, skincare, hair care, make up, nail and lifestyle products from an impressive selection of renowned brands including:
- Skin and Body Care: Burt’s Bees Almond and Milk Hand Cream (7g), Caudalie Nourishing Body Lotion (50ml), Maddi Alexander Rose Bath Oil (30ml), Molton Brown Orange & Bergamot Body Wash (30ml), Rituals Organic Mandarin & Yuzu Fortune Body Scrub (150ml), Vita Liberata Phenomenal Tan Lotion (20ml) & Mini Mitt.
- Face Care: Bioeffect EFG Serum (2.5ml), GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment (15g), James Read Sleep Mask Tan Face (25ml), Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (30ml) + Pure Muslin Cloth, Sisley Radiant Glow Express Mask (10ml),
- Hair Care: John Frieda Luxurious Volume Blow-dry Lotion Root Booster (25ml), John Masters Organics Lavender Rosemary Shampoo (30ml) & Citrus & Neroli Detangler (30ml) and Philip Kingsley Elasticizer(75ml).
- Make Up and Accessories: Benefit Porefessional (7.5ml), Eyeko Lash Curler, Rodial Stemcell Super-food Glam Lip Balm (10ml), Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (30ml) and Teeez Desert Metals Mascara (10ml).
- Fragrance: Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier (10ml).
- Nails: Essie Encrusted Treasures Nail Varnish and Sally Hansen Nail Rehab.
- Lifestyle: Aromatherapy Associates Relax Candle and This works Sleep Plus+ Pillow Spray (5ml).
Which calander would you choose? Do you prefer the beauty or the lifestyle options?
I took the next beauty leap and decided to book a waxing appointment for both a full leg and intimate Hollywood wax, casting my razors aside and bidding farewell to shaving for a few weeks this summer.
I called the salon and booked it for later that day, making my way in promptly at 2pm before eventually being ushered into a side room. With the door locked, I opted for the Hollywood first, as I thought it would be the more painful of the two. I was right. It was momentarily painful each time the strips were removed but bearable (take some painkillers a half hour before your appointment). Your hair needs to be a minimum of 2 – 3 mm in length as the longer it is, the more it will hurt! My legs were next and that was a far nicer experience, as you can imagine.
However, after both treatments were complete I came to the conclusion (actually I was utterly convinced) that my beautician was a bit of a sadist. Her main concern was getting the job done as quickly as possible, and my comfort and the overall end result did not seem to be a real concern for her.
Word of advice, do not under any circumstances do what I did and look for the cheapest deal because what you will receive is rather shoddy results.
Afterwards, I was very red and rather sore and I am not going to pretend otherwise. By the next day I felt great again! Going to the rather shabby salon and beautician I did resulted in me having to tweezer out the odd missed hair here and there, not a fun task in the slightest and something a true professional would never leave remaining. I probably should have complained but after her shocking approach I felt it best to leave it and learn from my lesson.
Saying that, would I do it again? The answer is certainly! It is worth it when you think of the fact that you will remain hair free for a minimum of three weeks and that the more you go the less it hurts! It is now my preferred method to shaving as the hair is pulled at the root so there is no worry of stubble and thus the results are fantastic. For half an hours pain you get three weeks stress free maintenance!
However, my next appointment will be at a minimum of £30 a treatment and at a highly reputable and specialised salon. Girls and boys, if you are going to do it, trust me that you need to do it properly!
What was your first waxing experience like? Would you get it done if you have not before?