Enjoy guilt-free ice cream this summer
With summer just around the corner and the sunny weather making an early appearance this year, I have been craving more of my favourite summer treats. However, like most people, I don’t like the idea of consuming all those dreaded calories or paying an excessive amount of money to do so either. Which is why I have teamed up with Peak Body to put together a simple recipe for guilt-free ice cream recipe you can enjoy this summer.
Ice cream doesn’t have to be a one-off treat you have once a week, you can make your own protein ice cream for less money and half the time.
In order to get the same creamy texture and tasted of full-fat ice cream, I would recommend using bananas as the main ingredient. It’s as easy as peeling and chopping your banana, before popping them into a freezer bag. It doesn’t really matter what size you chop the bananas just as long as they are even chunks that will blend well when frozen.
Just when you thought this ice cream couldn’t get any better, by adding vanilla protein to the mix this tasty treat is perfect for helping to recover and build muscle when training hard for that bikini bod. As well as being to the full to the rim of nutrients and flavours, this ice cream can also be enjoyed by vegetarians, just use soy protein as a substitute. Here is how to enjoy guilt-free ice cream this summer:
Makes: 8 servings
- 500g frozen bananas
- 4-6 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (use 3 scoops of soy protein for vegans/vegetarians)
- 250ml fat-free yoghurt (use dairy-free for vegan)
- 50ml milk (can use almond to give it more flavour)
- First, blend all ingredients together (once the banana is fully frozen) until they’re just about smooth. Try not to over process the mixture as this may cause overheating and the mixture will begin to liquify. Which is subsequently means you can’t eat the delicious ice cream straight away.
- Get yourself an ice cream scoop or spoon and run it under a tap so you can make yourself a bowl up.
- Pour the remaining ice cream into a sealable Tupperware container and freeze for more servings.
- To keep your protein ice cream creamy you can mix it up every hour for the first 4 hours of freezing. If this seems like to much hassle just leave the mixture and thaw the ice cream out before helping yourself to another serving.
- Top with your delicious and nutritious toppings like blueberries, cinnamon, strawberries, dark chocolate flakes or sugar-free syrup.
What do you think of this guilt-free recipe? What are your go-to icecream toppings?
This post is in collaboration with Peak Body