How to make a skinny pizza recipe
The ‘skinny’ pizza is a low-fat, healthy and delicious alternative to the usual cheese and dough loaded affair – and it is made with just a few simple ingredients!
Gather the following together:
- White or whole grain tortilla (depending on your preference)
- Tomato purée
- Low-fat soft cream cheese
- Your choice of toppings (I opt for vegetarian such as sweetcorn, pepper, and onion but the possibilities are endless, get imaginative)
Skinny pizza recipe instructions
- Place your tortilla on a baking tray and smooth over a tablespoon of purée and follow with the cream cheese. Spread these evenly.
- Add your toppings as desired. If you are using meats, then be sure to have them cooked if required beforehand – vegetarian skinny pizza gets my vote every time.
- Simply pop into your preheated oven at 200 degrees for a couple of minutes.
- Voila, you have a skinny pizza, low in calories, which is swiftly made and very filling. Plus, there is no guilt if you eat the entire thing!
See this recipe in The Currys Student cookbook, which is available to download for free here. It is packed with delicious, easy to make and nutritious recipes – not just for students!
What do you think of this healthy alternative to pizza? Would you try it?