Your new go to homemade skinny pizza recipe
The skinny pizza is a low-fat, healthy and delicious alternative to the usual cheese and dough loaded affair. The best thing? It’s made with just a few simple ingredients!
Initially, you’ll want to gather the following from your kitchen:
- White or whole grain tortilla (depending on your preference)
- Tomato purée
- Low-fat soft cream cheese
- Your choice of toppings (I opt for vegetarian but the possibilities are endless, do feel free to get creative)
Once, you’ve got your ingredients, it’s time to start creating!
- Firstly, place your tortilla on a baking tray and smooth over a tablespoon of purée and follow with the cream cheese. Spread these evenly.
- Secondly, add your toppings as desired. If you are using meats, then be sure to have them cooked if required beforehand – vegetarian skinny pizza gets my vote every time.
- Thirdly, it’s time to simply pop your pizza into your preheated oven at 200 degrees for a couple of minutes.
Voila, you have created a homemade skinny pizza! This low calorie pizza is not only swiftly made but surprisingly filling. Additionally, there’s no guilt if you eat the entire thing at lunchtime!
What do you think of this healthier alternative to traditional pizza? Would you try it?