A family day out at Green Dragon Eco Farm 🐄
Green Dragon Eco Farm is a 44-acre farm in the Buckinghamshire countryside that offers a lovely day out for everyone.
Onsite, you’ll discover a large variety of farm, pet and wild animals alongside numerous play areas.
What is there to do?
There is so much to do! There are lots of animals to see alongside opportunities to play, eat and unwind.
As you enter, you’ll notice the daily animal encounters illustrated. These include feeding and interactive opportunities.
You can then choose to follow the nature and/or farm trail which loop around the paddocks.
There’s an expansive outdoor play area, field, soft play barn, messy play barn, eco-centre, greenhouse and walled garden, the animal barn, pond and even go pedal karting!
What animals can I expect to see?
You can expect to see lots of animals – and not just farm animals either! There’s also a pet corner and wildlife zone.
You’ll certainly get to see the usual suspects. The farm animals you can see include:
- Cattle – Dairy Shorthorn, Highland, Friesian and Dexter
- Chickens – Black Marans, Buff Orpington, Cream Legbar, Dark Brahma, Ex-Battery, Jersey Giant, Lemon Pyle Brahma, Light Sussex, Red Orpington, Speckled Maran and Wellsummer
- Ducks – Aylesbury, Cayuga, Khaki Campbell, Silver Appleyard and Tufted
- Equine – Donkey
- Geese – Roman and Toulouse
- Goats – Anglo-Nubian, Golden Guernsey, Old English, Pygmy and Saanen
- Pigs – Gloucester Old Spot and Oxfordshire Sandy and Black
- Sheep – Badger Face, Balwen, Boreray, Herdwick, Jacobs, Poll Dorset, Portland and Soay
- Turkeys – Crollwitzer
You can get up close to the alpacas and sheep within the barn. You’re even welcome to feed them with pellets pre-bought at the entrance. It’s honestly such a wonderful experience and was the highlight of our day!
There are lots of cute animals to see in the Pets corner. Expect amphibians, arthropods, molluscs, reptiles and small mammals!
Animals you can see include:
- Amphibians – African Clawed Frog, Axolotl and Poison Dart Frog,
- Arthropods – (arachnids, insects and myriapods) – Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula, Cricket, Giant Millipede, Hissing Cockroach, Locust, Pachnoda Beetle and Stick Insect
- Molluscs – Giant African Land Snail
- Reptiles – Bearded Dragon, Corn Snake and Panther Chameleon
- Small mammals – Chinchilla, Continental Giant Rabbit, Ferret, Gerbil, Guinea Pig, Hamster, Harvest Mouse, Rat, Skunk and Tenrec
There are lots to see in the Wildlife Zone too. Expect owls, eagles, wallabies, small cats, squirrels and foxes.
Wildlife animals you can see include:
- Birds of prey – Common Buzzard, European Kestrel and Golden Eagle
- Mammals – Deer, Red Squirrel, Reindeer and Silver Fox
- Marsupials – Bennett’s Wallaby
- Mustelids – European Polecat
- Owls – Barn Owl, Eurasian Eagle Owl, Little Owl and Tawny Owl
- Passerine birds – Raven
- Small cats and wild cats – Eurasian Lynx and Scottish Wildcat
Is Green Dragon Eco Farm family-friendly?
It’s super family-friendly and perfect for all ages.
Children under two are free and our one-year-old absolutely loved it. We had so much fun feeding the alpacas, stroking the sheep and bouncing on the ginormous bouncy pillows outside.
Children can also take advantage of soft play, the outdoor play area, the amazing bouncy pillows, and for those slightly older, peddle karts!
There is just so much to do and it’s well worth the entrance price.
Where can we eat and drink?
There are plenty of places to grab a bite to eat or drink and you’re also welcome to take your own picnic. These include:
The Playbarn Café is within the Play Barn. They offer adult and children’s menus and serve hot and cold dishes and snacks. There are a few gluten-free options available.
We opted for the children’s Grab ‘n’ Go Bag (£5.95) for our toddler, Theo, which includes:
- Tuna mayo or cheese sandwich
- Pom-Bear® crisps
- Gingerbread man
- Fruity pot, or fruit, or yoghurt
- Your choice of drink
They open at 10 am each day and close at 5.30 or 6 pm depending on the time of year.
Takeaway Pizza Saturdays
On a Saturday, you can order and collect fresh wood-fired pizza by the pond with a host of toppings.
Coffee and Snack Truck
Open on select days, the Coffee and Snack Truck is located outside the play park. It serves hot and cold snacks and drinks.
Bring your own picnic!
Alternatively, you are welcome to bring your own picnic! The picnic area is next to the play park and there’s also a field available under the shade of willow trees.
You can eat within the picnic shed or messy play barn on rainy days.
How much does Green Dragon Eco Farm cost?
Please see the entrance prices below:
- £10.95 – Adult
- £9.95 – Child (age two to 15 years)
- £8.95 – Senior citizen
- £8.95 – Concession for visitors with disabilities (one registered carer goes free of charge).
Entrance to the farm is free for visitors under two years old. There are unique encounter opportunities available at an extra cost.
The farm is open Wednesday to Sunday from 10.30 am to 5.30 pm and you can pre-book tickets for your visit.
Have you been to Green Dragon Eco Farm yet?