Spinach, Chickpea and sweet potato curry recipe
♥ One sweet potato
♥ 1/2 tin of chickpeas
♥ 1/2 tin of spinach
♥ 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
♥ Half an onion diced
♥ 3 spoonfuls of curry paste
♥ Two tablespoons of olive oil
♥ Cup of wholegrain or white rice
The perfect simple vegetarian curry
Dice your sweet potato and onions and place the two tablespoons of olive oil into a frying pan at a moderate heat. Add the curry powder and the drained chickpeas, spinach, and chopped tomatoes, stirring the contents before leaving it to heat and simmer for up to 30 minutes (ensuring your sweet potato is cooked through).
Place a cup of your desired rice to boil for 10 minutes and voila chickpea, sweet potato and spinach vegetarian curry with rice!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total cooking time: 30 minutes
What do you think of this simple curry recipe? Do you enjoy vegetarian curries?
Your new go to homemade skinny pizza recipe
The skinny pizza is a low-fat, healthy and delicious alternative to the usual cheese and dough loaded affair. The best thing? It’s made with just a few simple ingredients!
Initially, you’ll want to gather the following from your kitchen:
- White or whole grain tortilla (depending on your preference)
- Tomato purée
- Low-fat soft cream cheese
- Your choice of toppings (I opt for vegetarian but the possibilities are endless, do feel free to get creative)
Once, you’ve got your ingredients, it’s time to start creating!
- Firstly, place your tortilla on a baking tray and smooth over a tablespoon of purée and follow with the cream cheese. Spread these evenly.
- Secondly, add your toppings as desired. If you are using meats, then be sure to have them cooked if required beforehand – vegetarian skinny pizza gets my vote every time.
- Thirdly, it’s time to simply pop your pizza into your preheated oven at 200 degrees for a couple of minutes.
Voila, you have created a homemade skinny pizza! This low calorie pizza is not only swiftly made but surprisingly filling. Additionally, there’s no guilt if you eat the entire thing at lunchtime!
What do you think of this healthier alternative to traditional pizza? Would you try it?
Please follow me on Twitter | Instagram | Facebook for more updates from The LDN Gal
Follow my blog with Bloglovin